Entering the 2018/19 Emerging Architect Prize. The dates for each state are as follows:
Entry into the Emerging Architects Prize is a two-step process.
- Nomination – eligible candidates are nominated by a member of the Australian Institute of Architects via the online entry system.
- Submission of entry material – nominated candidates will be invited to continue with the submission. Should they wish to accept the nomination, the nominee will be asked to submit the entry material listed under ‘entry requirements’ via the online entry system.
Winners at a Chapter level proceed to be considered for the National Emerging Architects Prize.
Australian Institute of Architects members wishing to nominate an individual or collaboration are asked to submit the following via the online entry system. Nominators will be asked to provide the following information:
- the nominator’s name and contact details
- the nominee’s name and contact details
- a brief (max 150 words) outlining the reason for the nomination
Once a nomination has been made, the nominee will be invited to continue with the submission. Should they wish to accept the nomination; the nominee will be asked to submit the following entry material via the online entry system:
- a statement addressing each of the key criteria items outlined in the judging criteria (two A4 pages maximum)
- a resume: four A4 pages maximum (please ensure you provide the architectural registration number, date of registration and date of graduation for each individual being nominated)
- a portfolio of works: this can include built and unbuilt work (five A4 pages maximum)
- two references: from an employer or clients
- photo of entrant(s) – this can be uploaded separately to the requirements above
- entry requirements listed above must be uploaded on a single PDF document and must not exceed 5MB
- finalists may be asked by their local Chapter to submit additional materials to the local jury including CDs or hard copies
Check with your local Chapter for more information or go to our website