Member Level 1 membership is available to you if you are a registered architect, or have been a registered architect in Australia, or have been accredited in any of the following architectural practice examinations:
- Architects Accreditation Council of Australia (AACA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards in USA (NCARB)
- Royal British Institute of Architects (RIBA) Part Three
- Malaysian Institute of Architects
- Architects Education and Registration Board of New Zealand
- Architectural Institute of British Columbia
- Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA)
Member Level 1 members are corporate members of the Institute – you can vote and be nominated to council and presidency. Member Level 1s can also use the Institute’s post nominals.
If you’re not sure whether you qualify, please contact the membership team.
What do I get?
- Eligibility to enter the National Architecture Awards
- National policy setting and voice
- Access to Find an Architect service
- Eligibility for prizes and comps
- Architecture Australia Magazine
- Networking opportunities
- International accords
- National printed publications
- Voting rights
- Local and national e-news
- Senior counsellor service
- Certificate of Membership
- Membership card