Young Guns Map
DOWNLOAD THE PDF MAP HERE
VYAG is continuing to collate this online map of works by architects and practices from when they were young and emerging.
We are seeking submissions from both emerging and established architects; both historical and contemporary; interiors, alterations and new builds are all suitable.
Some great examples include the Old Treasury Building by a 19 yr-old J.J. Clark; Liberty Tower by then-student/graduate duo Elenberg Fraser; or the seminal Meyers Place Bar, designed and built by an incipient Six Degrees.
We are looking for:
• Public buildings and interiors that are accessible to the public, or viewable from the street. Likely to be cafes, restaurants, bars, shops, civic, multi-res (exteriors) & office buildings (exteriors). Please do not submit private residences.
• Works completed at a stage when the practice/designer could be considered young or emerging.
• Works located primarily within the CBD, or max 10 mins by public transport from the CBD.
If you have a suitable building or interior in mind, please email email@example.com with “MAP” in the subject line, and please provide the following information:
• Building Name:
• Architects Website:
• Year of Completion:
• Project Team/Other Credits:
• Building Address:
• 1x Photo (JPG/under 5MB/min. 800 pixels)
• Short Description (25 words or less) on what is most interesting/impressive about the project!