November 1 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm | Free
Architecture, in subtle but crucial ways, reflects the values of its creators. The buildings that surround us are not just about style or taste, but are alive with ideas about culture, identity and what it means to be in this part of the world.
Join five of Australia’s leading architects as they discuss their personal stories, shared in the newly released book From the Ground Up: 20 Stories of a Life in Architecture. What is it that drew them to architecture? How have they made a life for themselves in this intensely demanding calling? What drives them on?
This event, the first in a nationwide series of talks, will reveal the very human influences shaping our buildings, our cities and our societies.
- Lindsay & Kerry Clare – Co-founders & Directors, Clare Design
- Richard Kirk – Founder, Richard Kirk Architect
- Nik Karalis – Director & Global design Intelligence Leader, Woods Bagot
- Kristen Whittle – Director, Bates Smart
- Dean Dewhirst – Author of the book and Director of Maven Group
- Mat Ward – Editor and Publisher, Uro Publications
Advanced bookings to this FREE event can be made below.Book your tickets now
Deakin Edge, Federation Square,
Corner Swanston St & Flinders St, Melbourne, Australia