Become a SONA Rep
Applications are open for 2017!
Download the application form.
Applications are still open for the below universities:
University of New South Wales
University of Tasmania
University of Technology Sydney
Charles Darwin University
Apply by 5th December!
Who can become a SONA Rep?
- To be eligible to become a SONA rep you should be currently enrolled in an architectural bachelor or master’s degree at an accredited Australian University in 2016 and plan to be so in 2017.
- You should have a minimum of 1 years experience as a SONA member!
What does a SONA Rep do?
- Develop an understanding of what SONA offers and communicate this effectively to students.
- Work successfully as a team with other SONA reps to achieve successful events, publications and competitions.
- Work successfully as an individual to achieve successful events, publications and competitions.
- Represent yourself, SONA, the Australian Institute of Architects, respectfully your university colleagues, and your university.
When is the SONA Rep term?
- The SONA rep position is for a calendar year and runs from January 2017 – December 2017
- Availability to attend SONA Training Camp is key!
Why do SONA Reps exist?
- The purpose of the SONA rep position is to assist with delivering relevant and engaging services to local SONA members and students across Australia at accredited universities.
- SONA reps exist to encourage a student studio culture, of critique and camaraderie. To intensify student’s university study and social experiences, providing opportunities for professional networking + career development.
- SONA reps exist to provide a student perspective to Australian Institute of Architects (the Institute) committees and focus groups. To advocate for student talent through publications, competitions + prizes.
How do SONA reps do all of this?
- SONA reps travel to a meeting in February to receive training in their role.
- SONA Executive (consisting of previous years SONA reps) help and guide the SONA reps throughout the year.
- Institute Staff are available to assist SONA reps and help them to succeed in their role!
Did you Know?
- There are 19 new SONA reps each year, one at each accredited university in Australia!
- Being a SONA rep you will meet and work with other students from universities around Australia
- Being a SONA rep is just the beginning, you can nominate for SONA executive the following year and grow your experience with SONA – Fancy being SONA President?
- You get to travel with SONA! SONA Reps meet in February, then again midyear for a face to face meeting!
Want to know more?
- Why not ask your University SONA Rep?
- Send us an email with your question- email@example.com