What is SuperStudio?
SuperStudio is a design competition for the Student Organised Network Association of Architecture.
The timeline of SuperStudio has been updated from previous years as we wish to support and encourage a healthier studio culture among students. The event will run over 3 days from 9.00am to 5.00pm. We don’t want to discourage students to continue after these hours, however they will not be able to access the studio space provided.
An overview of SuperStudio
- A 3 day design competition organised and run by SONA students
- Primarily judged on ideas not graphic communication
- Teams consist of three students
- Teams are encouraged to represent differing year levels and universities
- One university in each state/territory hosts SuperStudio
- The brief is released at the same time around the nation, 7.00pm (AEST) and is confidential until that time
- A local jury will select a state/territory finalist
- The state/territory finalist teams have an additional 10 days to refine their submission and presentation
- A national jury selects a national winner from the state/territory finalists
Why should I compete?
- Students will get to meet and discuss proposals with mentors over the 3 days. Mentors will be a range of architecture professionals and university academics from around your local state
- Local prizes for the top three teams in each state. The state team winners will have the opportunity to compete for the national prize
- The event is recognised nationally and is a valuable opportunity to put on resume’s, in portfolio’s and applications for university
Entry is completely free for all SONA members.
Dates for SuperStudio?
All members will be advised when it will be held.