Emerging Architects + Graduates Network aims to create a design community for graduates and emerging architects for mutual support and to foster a culture of architecture.
- Represent the interests of all graduates and emerging architects on a national level by providing a representative front and national voice on key issues.
- Build upon Chapter groups and assist all groups at a local level through cross pollination of ideas, resources, education and energy.
- Bridge the gap between SONA and senior Australian Institute of Architects members. EmAGN seeks to eliminate the existing gap allowing graduates a sense of belonging to an Australian Institute of Architects associated group beyond SONA. This will provide a platform for graduates to ‘merge’ into the profession with local and national support.
- Initiate and develop exciting opportunities for all emerging architects and graduates on a local and national level.
- Develop new and build upon existing relationships with other young professional groups in Australia such as Young Engineers Australia (YEA) and Young Planners (YP) both on a local and national level. This allows the opportunity to partner events that would benefit the broader professional demographic.
- Establish and build relationships with emerging architects and graduate groups within International architectural institutes such as the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), American Institute of Architects (AIA) & New Zealand Institute of Architects (NZIA). This will allow both cultural exchange and idea sharing through a variety of potential opportunities such as scholarships and/or exchange programs, invited guest speakers, national conference attendance and participation etc.
- Advocate possible future representation of emerging architects and graduates on National Council so that key needs, interests and concerns may be addressed.