Emerging Architect Prize
The Emerging Architect Prize recognises an individual emerging architect or emerging architectural collaboration’s contribution to architectural practice, education, design excellence and community involvement, which advances the profession’s role within the public arena. Entrants must be within 15 years of graduation and have first been registered as an Architect anywhere, not more than 10 years ago to be nominated by for this prize.
Entering the 2019 Emerging Architect Prize. The dates for each state are as follows:
|Entries Open||Nominations Close||Entry System Closes||Announcement date|
|ACT||4 March||12 April||26 April||15 June|
|NSW||12 February||26 March||6 May||5 July|
|NT||22 February||22 March||5 April||1 June|
|QLD||25 March||22 April||6 May||14 June|
|SA||18 February||12 April||3 May||29 June|
|TAS||8 February||22 March||5 April||6 July|
|VIC||22 February||22 March||5 April||28 June|
|WA||25 February||29 March||5 April||28 June|
How to enter:
- Nomination – eligible candidates are nominated by a member of the Australian Institute of Architects via the online entry system. If the nominee is not a current Institute member, they will be given the opportunity to become a member before submission of Stage 2. Self-nominations are also accepted.
- Submission of entry material – nominated candidates will be invited to continue with the submission. Should they wish to accept the nomination, the nominee will be asked to submit the entry material listed under ‘entry requirements’ via the online entry system.
Chapter winners will receive the following prize:
- One (1) x ticket to attend their local Chapter Architecture Awards event
- One (1) x ticket to the National Architecture Awards, including return economy airfares from their closest Chapter city and accommodation for up to one night
- One (1) x ticket to the National Architecture Conference, including return economy airfares from their closes Chapter city and accommodation for up to two nights
The Emerging Architect Prize is proudly supported by Architectural Window Systems (AWS).
Australian Institute of Architects members wishing to nominate an individual or collaboration are asked to submit the following via the online entry system. Nominators will be asked to provide the following information:
- the nominator’s name and contact details
- the nominee’s name and contact details
- a brief (max 150 words) outlining the reason for the nomination
Once a nomination has been made, the nominee will be invited to continue with the submission. Should they wish to accept the nomination; the nominee will be asked to submit the following entry material via the online entry system:
- a statement addressing each of the key criteria items outlined in the judging criteria (two A4 pages maximum)
- a resume: four A4 pages maximum (please ensure you provide the architectural registration number, date of registration and date of graduation for each individual being nominated)
- a portfolio of works: this can include built and unbuilt work (five A4 pages maximum)
- two references: from an employer or clients
- photo of entrant(s) – this can be uploaded separately to the requirements above
- entry requirements listed above must be uploaded on a single PDF document and must not exceed 5MB
- finalists may be asked by their local Chapter to submit additional materials to the local jury including CDs or hard copies
Check with your local Chapter for more information or go to our website
For more information please visit the Institute website.