How Soon is Now 2016:
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an important aspect of the 2016 How Soon is Now conference. It provides the opportunity to build your knowledge across a range of topics making a significant contribution to your CPD needs.
Submitting Your Report
Submissions have now closed therefore the Institute will no longer issue certificates for CPD reports.
A list of previous submissions for sessions by other members can be found here.
Format: Written report on the session attended.
Structure: You may use whatever structure you believe is appropriate. Your report should focus on what you learned from the presentation/discussion, rather than just being a repetition of the session content. A possible structure is suggested below.
Length: 400 words (approximately).
Time: It is expected that the assessment will take 15 minutes to complete per session.
Submission: You must submit your report to the Conference website to claim the session as formal CPD.
Deadline: Friday 27 May 2016 – Reports must be submitted no later than this date. We advise you to submit your report within the following week so the content is fresh in your mind.
Records: A certificate of submission will be sent to you acknowledging receipt of your report and identifying the CPD points earned. Keep the certificate and a copy of your report for your personal CPD record.
Suggested Structure: The following structure may help to make the report a useful learning exercise for you and your potential readers. The questions are provided as prompts for reflection and discussion.
- What in the presentation challenged you to think about architecture and its practice differently?
- What were some of the key points/issues raised during the presentation?
- What are some implications of these for the practice of architecture broadly?
- What other issues/ideas do the key points suggest for you?
- What did you learn from the presentation/discussion?
- What will you do differently in your own workplace or apply personally as a result?
Questions: Email us at email@example.com
At the end of this Conference attendees will be able to:
- Analyse architecture’s transformative power on a macro scale
- List current global projects that are creating new ways in operating in architecture
- Explore new frameworks, systems and strategies that architects can adopt to shape equitable and sustainable futures
- Look beyond the boundaries of the discipline of architecture to address future projects
- Discuss the current climate themes; building resilience, transforming populations, creating equity and advocating future and discuss within a relevant Australian context
CPD Points Allocation
How Soon is Now will offer the following CPD points:
- Day One – Friday 29 April: 7 informal OR 8.5 formal CPD points
- Day Two – Saturday 30 April: 7.5 informal OR 9 formal CPD points
- Total Conference: 14.5 informal OR 17.5 formal CPD points
Download the CPD points allocation table with a breakdown for each session.
Please note: you cannot claim both formal and informal points for the same session. Formal points require the submission of a report as detailed above.