The Australian Institute of Architects Victorian Chapter Constructive Mentoring Program
Constructive mentoring provides personalised guidance and support to young graduates and those re-entering the workforce from a mentor drawn from the architectural profession. The Victorian Chapter offers a 12 month program and will match a practising architect mentor with individual members who wish to gain a broader perspective on the architectural profession.
Apply for the 2018 program! Click here for an application form. Applications close 6 April 2018. For more information please email email@example.com.
Conditions of participation:
- Mentors and mentees are to be members of the Australian Institute of Architects and must maintain membership throughout the duration of the program
- Mentors are to be Member Level 1 members of the Australian Institute of Architects residing in Victoria with a minimum of four years post graduate experience
- Mentees are to be recent Graduate Institute members or mature age female Institute members re-entering the workforce, who have not previously been involved in the program
|Benefits for mentors include:
• Supporting the industry and the people in it
• Sharing knowledge, experience and management skills
• Demonstrating leadership capabilities while helping others develop personally and professionally
|Benefits for mentees include:
• Discussing your personal career development path
• Assessing the needs and goals of your personal business plan
• Improving your ability to plan for the future
• Gaining a broader perspective of the architectural community
• Networking and learning from the experience with others in your industry
For more information on the program and what is involved click here.
*Please note that application for the 2018 Constructive Mentoring Program is not a guarantee of a place. In the event of an excess of mentee applicants placements will be awarded on a needs basis.
The 2018 Vic Chapter Constructive Mentoring Program is proudly supported by AWS.