Lend your support to our efforts to stop Anzac Hall being demolished. Sign up to receive campaign updates or attend one of our community events.
campaign was launched on 7 November.
- Media release: Federal environmental legislation must protect Australian War Memorial’s heritage value October 21, 2020
The Australian Institute of Architects has today called on the Federal Environment Minister to block approval of the Australian War Memorial’s redevelopment proposal arguing that the demolition of Anzac Hall violates legislated heritage protections.Read more
- Open letter to the House of Representatives: Request to reconsider the Australian War Memorial project August 20, 2020 Read more
- AWM Development Project Public Works Committee Submission June 24, 2020
Read the AWM Heritage Review and Anzac ...Read more
- AWM Redevelopment Referral (2019/8574) December 12, 2019 Read more
- Heritage Review of EPBC Act Referral December 11, 2019 Read more
Read the latest media coverage about the campaign.
- Institute of Architects urges public inquiry in plea to MPs to save Anzac Hall August 25, 2020
The RiotACTRead more
25 August 2020
- Senator slams War Memorial expansion as a ‘soulless monstrosity’ August 24, 2020
Sydney Morning HeraldRead more
24 August 2020
- Former war memorial heads join call to redirect $500m for ‘grandiose’ expansion to veterans July 16, 2020
The GuardianRead more
16 June 2020
- War memorial chair Kerry Stokes rejects redevelopment criticism from ‘special interest groups’ July 15, 2020
Canberra TimesRead more
15 July 2020
- Australian War Memorial proposed development of Anzac Hall slammed as ‘wasteful’ ‘arrogant’ and ‘objectionable’ July 15, 2020
ABC NewsRead more
15 July 2020
We’re planning a series of community action events. Watch this space!