Lend your support to our efforts to stop Anzac Hall being demolished. Sign up to receive campaign updates or attend one of our community events.
campaign was launched on 7 November.
- Institute says plans to demolish Anzac Hall are ‘shocking, distressing’ November 21, 2018
Plans to demolish award-winning Anzac Hall, as unveiled today by the Australian War Memorial, have been described as ‘deeply distressing’ by the Australian Institute of Architects.Read more
- Hands off Anzac Hall campaign launches November 7, 2018
The Australian Institute of Architects launched its Hands off Anzac Hall on 7 November, opposing plans to demolish this award-winning building.Read more
Read the latest media coverage about the campaign.
- Hands off Anzac Hall February 1, 2019
Tony Trobe talks to Philip Leeson, president of the ACT Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects.Read more
- Hands Off Anzac Hall November 29, 2018
Philip Leeson, ACT Chapter President of the Australian Institute of Architects, argues that the federal government’s plans to demolish and replace the Denton Corker Marshall-designed Anzac Hall in Canberra at a cost of $498 million are “unnecessary and wasteful.”Read more
- ‘Hands off Anzac Hall’! November 27, 2018
The local architecture community was deeply shocked when news first broke of plans to demolish Anzac Hall. Surely, this was a mistake, as there had been limited consultation with the community and no consultation with the moral rights holders – the architects who designed the award-winning building – nor with the Australian Institute of Architects.Read more
- Tenders for War Memorial’s $500m revamp could go out this year November 26, 2018
“It was revealed that work on these redevelopment plans had been secretly underway since 2015,” Mr Leeson said.
“Surely such a development within the public realm requires large scale community and stakeholder consultation.Read more
- ‘Colossal Waste’: Australian War Memorial’s $498m redevelopment plan draws ire of architects November 23, 2018
ArchitectureAU – In a statement made to ArchitectureAU, John Denton, founding director of Denton Corker Marshall, said he was “massively disappointed” to learn of the demolition plans for Anzac Hall.Read more
We’re planning a series of community action events. Watch this space!